Saturday, May 9, 2009

Getting My Rest

The kittens have been keeping Mommy so busy and it's wearing her out but she always makes it a point to spend time with me and making sure I get my rest.

I have been pulling double-duty since we took in the kittens. I'm not used to little ones. When I do come in the house I check and make sure they are safe and I check them again when I am about to leave. But when they are up and running around and that loud meowing; well, I panic and don't know what to do.

I don't stay home much anymore and since it is warmer, I really don't mind sleeping outside. That bothers my mommy. She loves me and takes care of me and thinks I am working too many hours doing security.

Sometimes she makes me upset with her but I guess I'm a little cranky too. I haven't had much sleep either and have been napping in the garage. I'm not getting a good sleep; always aware of noises in case of unwelcome visitors. When she sees me yawning, she makes sure the kittens stay in the kitchen and she brings me in the house. I object but she usually wins.

I win too because I get a good long sleep in; sometimes for hours. I can stretch out too. It's safe inside and the couch is so soft.

Anyway, it has been nice the past few days and Mommy and I spend time on the patio together. I can get a short nap in while with her.

Mommy has been trying to get the yard work done, flower beds and the vegetable garden ready for planting. This also gives me a great opportunity to sleep. When she is working in the side yard, the window air conditioner is a good spot - especially since it's warm there on a cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment