Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life At Home




When it is hot out and I am at home, I like to sleep in the bathroom sink. It is cool there and is one of my favorite summer places to sleep at night when I am not outside.

I like to watch what is happening from the top of this air conditioner too. When I want in, Mommy or Daddy can see me and they will open the door for me to go inside.



I hear humans say things like "it's a dog's life" - whatever that means. I don't know how a dog lives and I don't really care. All I know is when I am out walking and I pass the ones in the alley behind the fence they make this loud noise and it just doesn't stop until after I pass.

I see some go past me with their humans. I guess they have to tie their humans to something - I don't know what it is but are they afraid of their humans running away?

I see the dogs in front of their humans so they must have to show their humans where to go. Some dogs just run by me and that is a good thing. They don't bother me but I don't like them anyway.

I don't have to have my humans tied to me - they do just fine.

Anyway, let me tell you about my life at my house. I have so many places to hang out and hide.

I don't have my own bed. I sleep where it pleases me. I sleep with Mommy or Daddy and I have a chair I like. I like the couch too! When I need time alone I like the closet and under furniture.

Mommy makes sure I have good tasting food that is healthy for me and my coat is bright and fluffy now.

Out in the yard I like sleeping in the grapevines. The garage is another favorite place and I can go upstairs there.

What is really nice is that when the weather is bad and I am out in it, I have a nice warm place to go instead of staying outside. If it starts to rain, I can get into the garage, or on the porches, on the patio - so many places. Mommy always drys me when I come in and gives me more fish to eat to warm me and my tummy.

Life at home is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment