Sunday, April 26, 2009

We Have Kittens Living With Us!

NEW ADDITIONS TO OUR FAMILY...My mommy brought home five kittens last Saturday. I over-heard her tell my daddy that the neighbors across the street were doing yard work and they found the kittens in the bushes and were going to leave them out in the front yard in a box. These neighbors have dogs.

Mommy didn't like that idea so she brought them home hoping that their mama saw her put the kittens under the tree beside our house. Mommy said that the kittens' mama was under the tree in the neighbors' yard and she hoped the mama saw her bring the kittens over.

When I came home, Mommy showed the kittens to me.



Mommy hoped the kittens' mama would hear their crying and would find and care for them in our safe place. I knew their mama and told she me to find her and bring her to our house.

It rained during the night and my mommy moved the kittens to the porch after she changed their bed clothes, dried and fed them.

I found their mama and brought her home for the kittens but my mommy opened the door and scared mama cat away. Mommy moved the kittens to under the tree and I went across the street and told the kittens mama where they were.

It got cold overnight and Mommy had to bring the kittens inside but would take them out and leave them on the porch during the day.

I try to help Mommy and will stay with the kittens when they are outside at night. I sit where I might be able to see their mama so that I can get her to come back. In this picture the kittens are in a Rubbermaid tote turned on its side so the kittens can go to the litter box or their mama can feed them. My mommy has this area of the porch blocked off so that the kittens won't run away and so that people walking by can't see them.

1 comment: