Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Protecting Home & Family

BEING A GUARD CAT AND PATROLLING THE PROPERTY IS MY NATURE and, especially with innocent kittens living with us, I have to be extra vigilant. The guys are okay with me as long as they don't come on my turf but cross that boundary without an invitation and, well, there is going to be a confrontation. We all have that agreement and we each have territorial boundaries marked. We do have neutral territory where we can get together. Most have learned not to come onto my family's property and I will do my best not to trespass on theirs.

Mommy put the kittens outside today to get some fresh air and she also hoped that the kittens' mama would hear their mews and, at least, check on them. I stayed with them a little while until it came time to do my rounds - which I am glad I did.

Mommy caught my confrontation with this trespasser on Monday.

Although it's a nice night, Mommy is keeping the kittens inside where we all know they will be safe. I can only fight one bad guy at any given time.


MOMMY IS VERY UPSET OVER SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK AND ON SUNDAY! Last Friday she saw a car pull up outside and a little human girl quickly got out of the car and came on the property and back into the car. Mommy ran outside as the car was leaving but she managed to get the driver to stop and tell her why the human girl was on our property.

Seems the little girl told her mommy (the driver) that there were kittens at our house and she wanted to see them. The girl's mommy told this human girl that she was not to run on to people's porches.

My mommy found out that, one day when she was walking past our house, the human girl heard the kittens mewing and came up on our porch and found the kittens.

Anyway, this girl's mommy said they might be interested in one of the kittens and my mommy told her that she wasn't going to let just anyone have a kitten and that she was going to be very selective in who would get any of the kittens.

Well, on Sunday my mommy saw two human little girls on the porch and she went to the front door as one of them was knocking. Seems the little human who was with her mommy in the car Friday brought a friend with her and wanted to see the kittens.

My mommy told them NO!

Mommy told me that she is not going to let this girl have a kitten because she doesn't listen to her mommy and that means she might not be a good responsible person to take care of a kitty.

I agree!

4 comments:

  1. You know how I worry about you but obviously you are very capable of taking care of yourself and the rest of us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow......talk about the fur flying!

    Funny how after you kicked his tail, you still continued to chase after him. Tough kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hasn't been here in a while and he hasn't learned or doesn't remember what happened to him the last time. Mommy didn't get the other whippings on video - in the bushes at the neighbor's and on the way to the next block.

    I really don't like this guy!

    ReplyDelete