Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Living Outside Was Not My Choice



RIGHT: That's me walking across the parking lot at Terrace Tower in East Cleveland, Ohio when I was still living outside. Every day my human mommy told me she was going to feed me and soon take me with her when she was ready to move.


RIGHT: One of the really bad snow storms blowing in off Lake Erie. I was living outside in this!


I can't go back in time - can't change what happened as to how I ended up outside Terrace Tower apartments in East Cleveland but I knew there were people there that hopefully would feed me and maybe someone would take me in.

I lived outside in all kinds of weather - hot, cold, windy, pouring down rain and blizzard like conditions.

Some people left me really good food; other people left me fried food which I don't like. People didn't clean up after leaving me food and the management didn't want me around because of that.

Some people were really nice to me. Some kicked me.

I slept in the bushes, outside the main door, on top of the transformer and under vehicles in the parking lot.

Someone who lived in the building had to put their cat out to live with me. She called the other cat "Princess" but Princess had some problems. She would not let anyone touch her. I would let people that were nice to me pet me but she was afraid of people. She was nice to be around on very cold nights though because we could huddle together to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment